Applications can be submitted using the Online Application Form.
There is a non-refundable application fee of $91.80 Canadian for Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents. For all international applicants, the application fee is $153 Canadian. The online application accepts Visa and Mastercard.
In addition to a completed application form and the fee, the applicant must upload in the application system:
- Two copies of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Three letters of reference from university instructors under whom the applicant has studied, or employers: Links will be sent to all referees indicated in the online application after the application has been submitted and fee paid.
- Copies of two essays as examples of your written academic work in English;
- a personal statement (one to three pages) outlining your goals and expectations for the program;
- a well-researched statement (two to three pages) of your area of thesis interest, with preliminary ideas for your thesis
This last statement will help the selection committee with respect to understanding which of the four departments working in the Master of Arts in Children’s Literature Program is likely to have a faculty member to supervise your thesis.
References emailed directly to the School will NOT be accepted.
Under normal circumstances, the applicant will be informed of the decision of the Admissions Committee within 6 weeks of the application deadline. The Faculty of Graduate Studies will then inform the applicant, usually within one week, of their final decision on admission. If the applicant is admitted then he/she must promptly log into the online application system to indicate his/her decision to accept or decline the offer.
Conditional admission may be granted pending the completion of formal academic requirements. In such cases, arrangements must be made to have final transcripts sent to the School.